Thank you for your interest in working at Landon Summer! We are seeking enthusiastic, committed, and child-focused individuals to join our summer camp team. If you love to be outside, enjoy working with children, and value working collaboratively with colleagues, then Landon Summer is the place for you!
Landon Summer 2023 Positions
We currently accepting applications for
Counselor-in-Training (Rising Grade 9 and above in Fall 2023)
General Camp Information
All employees must be able to attend mandatory staff training.
Camp tuition discounts are available for children of employees.
Day Camp Only: Landon Summer Day Camps operate for six weeks (June 26–August 4). Applicants must be able to commit to the full six weeks and staff training dates to be considered for employment.
Landon Summer abides by all Federal, State, and Local Employment regulations. All Staff must have the proper paperwork completed prior to the start of the summer.
Boys Day Camp: Full
Girls Day Camp: Full
Our CIT (Counselor-in-Training) Program is designed for high school students looking to gain professional experiences by volunteering to work with children and adults. CITs are mentored by day camp directors and counselors and will be paired with a group of campers in one of our two-day camp programs (Boys Day Camp or Girls Day Camp).
- To be eligible for a CIT position, you must be a rising 9th grader or older.
- Landon Summer offers a Summer Leadership Program for rising 7th and 8th graders who are interested in preparing for CIT, counselor and other leadership positions.
- As this is a volunteer position, CITs are eligible for SSL hours if pre-approval has been acquired from the CIT's school.
- All CITs must be able to attend mandatory Day Camp Staff Training.
- Landon Summer Day Camps operate for six weeks (June 26–August 4). CITs may select the weeks they are available to volunteer on the CIT Application.
- All Staff must have the proper paperwork completed prior to the start of the summer.
- We place great value on applicants who demonstrate initiative and maturity. Phone calls and emails from applicants’ parents are frowned upon in the hiring process.
|Landon Summer Dates|
Day Camp Details:
To be considered, Landon Summer day camp staff must commit to the full six-week program plus two days of staff training.
Staff Training: June 22 & 23
Day Camp Weeks: June 26-August 4
Other Camp Details:
Staff Training: June 1
All Camp Dates: June 12- August 18
Equal Employment Opportunity
Landon Summer is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities in all employment practices and decisions including but not limited to: recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation, and disciplinary action. Landon Summer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, financial status, pregnancy, childbirth, a medical condition relating from pregnancy or childbirth, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.