Thank you for your interest in working at Landon Summer! We are seeking enthusiastic, committed, and child-focused individuals to join our summer camp team. If you love to be outside, enjoy working with children, and value working collaboratively with colleagues, then Landon Summer is the place for you!
How to Apply
All employees must be able to attend mandatory staff training.
Camp tuition discounts are available for children of employees.
Day Camp Only: Landon Summer Day Camps operate for six weeks (June 21–July 30). Applicants must be able to commit to the full six weeks to be considered for employment.
Our CIT (Counselor-in-Training) Program is designed for high school students looking to gain professional experiences by volunteering to work with children and adults. CITs are mentored by day camp directors and counselors and will be paired with a group of campers in one of our three day camp programs (Boys Day Camp, Girls Day Camp, or Preschool Day Camp).
- New CIT applicants should fill out the CIT Application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a resume and cover letter.
- To be eligible for a CIT position, you must be a rising 9th grader or older.
- Landon Summer offers a Summer Leadership Program for rising 7th and 8th graders who are interested in preparing for CIT, counselor and other leadership positions.
- Landon Summer does not award community service or SSL hours.
- All CITs must be able to attend mandatory Day Camp Staff Training.
- Landon Summer Day Camps operate for six weeks (June 21–July 30). CITs may select the weeks they are available to volunteer on the CIT Application.
- We place great value on applicants who demonstrate initiative and maturity. Phone calls and emails from applicants’ parents are frowned upon in the hiring process.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Landon Summer is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities in all employment practices and decisions including but not limited to: recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation, and disciplinary action. Landon Summer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, financial status, pregnancy, childbirth, a medical condition relating from pregnancy or childbirth, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.