What to bring:
- Water bottle
- Face mask
Foundations of Geometry
One two-week session
June 21–July 2
Rising 8th through rising 10th graders
Arrival/dismissal zone: Purple
PREREQUSITE: Successful completion of Algebra I.
Geometry is full of new vocabulary and the dreaded proof. Start your year off right by learning foundational terms and the mathematical language of geometry. Students will have an opportunity to develop mathematical reasoning and problem-solving techniques to investigate and explore geometry. This class is ideal for students who are planning to take Geometry in the fall and want to preview the concepts in advance. Students will learn these concepts while building an Interactive Notebook that they can use during the coming school year!
- Day 1: Introduction, Language of Geometry
- Day 2: Points, Lines and Planes; Euclidean Postulates and Theorems
- Day 3: Translations and Reflections
- Day 4: Rotations and Determining Transformations
- Day 5: Rotational and Reflectional Symmetry
- Day 6: Triangle Congruence
- Day 7: Triangle Congruence/Proofs
- Day 8: Proofs
- Day 9: Constructions
- Day 10: Review of Course Concepts
Also check out our Geometry class for course credit!